SPRING IS HERE! Energize, cleanse your liver, shed winter fat, clear excess estrogen from your system and eat for your hormones.
The Spring Body Rejuvenation Program is a Spring detoxification program which will transition your diet from Winter to Spring foods which will enable your body to naturally transform with the season change. April 15th through May 4th.
Strengthen digestion, endocrine and reproductive health as well as counteract estrogen-dominance
- Feeling tired, cranky, overwhelmed, irritable, anxious and craving sugar all the time?
- Have you been gaining weight steadily over the years or drastically after hitting your 40's, even when paying attention to your diet and exercise?
- Do you have low thyroid? water retention? cellulite? migraines? and other estrogen related health issues (PMS, cystic breasts, "man boobs", fibroids, thyroid nodules, endometriosis, etc.)?
- Do you feel heavy from the winter and would like to come back to a healthy weight?
- Is your digestive system sensitive? Do you feel gasy? Do you fall drowsy after eating? experiencing the midday slump?
- What is the role of estrogen in men's body and the risk of estrogen dominance for men?
The answer to weight loss may lie into reducing your estrogen dominance. The steps to reduce exposure to estrogen and xenoestrogens are the steps one wnting to achieve vibrant health of all systems should take. If battling cancer, diabetes, auto-immune disorder, high blood pressure, Emma's meal plan is vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and soy-free.
SPRING CLEANSE + EAT FOR YOUR HORMONES
- The diet is vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and soy-free. Don't worry there is tons of food to eat! even dessert!
- The plants you'll eat are seasonal, and specifically chosen to induce a detoxification reaction (liver flush), and to promote healthy manufacturing of your body's hormones. The diet will heal your digestive system and balance your endocrine and your reproductive systems.
- Week 1 will include freshly pressed juice, fresh smoothies and very easy to digest foods. It will not include grains and legumes (beans and lentils). Calories will come from the cheer quantities of fruit and vegetables and moderate amounts of nuts and seeds.
- Week 2 will include week 1 food as well as legumes (no soy beans) and gluten-free whole grains. Emma will also suggest vitamins supplementation, digestive enzymes and probiotics.
- Week 3 is similar to week 2. Should you wish to add back eggs and wild caught fish, you could. But we'll stay clear of all other animal foods, including dairy.
- In this detox, it will be essential to stop drinking alcohol, coffee and black tea. High grade matcha green tea and unsweetened chocolate will be allowed. In fact chocolate is good for our hormones!
- Every week Emma will give a lecture on digestive, endocrine and reproductive health to increase your knowledge, which can be attended live on the internet and will be recorded for replay.
- Every day Emma will send you a motivational email to help you stay on track.
WHAT THAT THE BODY REJUVENATION FEELS LIKE IN A NUTSHELL
It's like attending nutrition school: You'll learn a lot of new information about food and how this food meets your physiology to either promote health or disease in your body. You'll also learn about your body's hormones, how they relate and what estrogen dominance is, how it threatens your life and how to tweak your Spring diet to detox excess estrogen from your tissues and nourish hormonal balance.
It's like having your own private health and nutrition coach: You'll have access to Emma daily via a private FB page community as well as receive a daily email from her to keep you motivated and on-track. This information will be stored on an online course platform you'll have access to for the whole year!
It's like having a personal trainer and yoga teacher on your side: Emma will be teaching you a daily dose of yoga and mindfulness ranging from:
- Meditation in the form of pranayama (deep breathing) and yoga nidra (deep relaxation),
- Daily virtual yoga practice, especially poses that boost detoxification pathways and support reproductive and endocrine health
It's like staying at an at-home spa: You will learn how to practice daily self-care habits to keep your body really clean and renewed. Some of these include:
- Morning lemon water
- Neti Pot to fight allergy season
- Oil pulling with raw, extra virgin coconut oil, tongue scraping and other super fun ways to keep your mouth and teeth clean and naturally white
- Dry skin brushing
Emma Galland, a certified holistic health and nutrition coach. She studied functional nutrition. It's like being a health and food detective. She works with her clients to help them figure out "what's going on in there?", mapping their symptoms across various body systems (digestive, immune, nervous, musculoskeletal, endocrine, reproductive, and other systems) and helping them and physicians come to an integrative diagnosis. Then Emma works with her clients to craft a bio-individual diet and lifestyle that will balance their health.
Emma has led Body Rejuv Programs like this one every Spring and Fall for the past 7 years. While the underlying detoxification goal remains from year to year, the angle differs. In the Spring 2017, the group embarked on the Gerson Therapy, learning how to eat if we had all been diagnosed with cancer. A challenging aspect was going completely salt-free all along! This Spring’s virtual retreat is focused on endocrine and reproductive health to balance hormone production in the system and protect or enhance our health.
Many of Emma’s retreat participants join her year after year, because her programs work and because of Emma's coaching style. She is compassionate and supportive without judging. She approaches her Spring Body Rejuvenation as a learning and experimental tool for her students.
No matter where you find yourself—at home, stressed with family responsibilities, or deep into a heavy travel schedule—Emma’s Spring Body Rejuvenation Program will work for you. Emma, a former management consultant, used to travel five days a week for work, so this virtual retreat can be done from the comfort of your home or on the road. For you road warriors she’ll even share tips on how to get smoothies through TSA screenings! while helping you create a restorative atmosphere, like hers in her New York City home, no matter where you find yourself.
Proper diet: Fuels the body. The body gets the energy it needs to grow, work, and maintain itself from air, water and food. There is no one diet that fits all. Emma believes a proper diet is bio-individual, a concept that will be explored in depth during the Spring Body Rejuvenation. Emma will have you take a vacation from your regular eating patterns. You'll enjoy a liquid fast for a few days and vegan meal plan thereafter to heighten nutrient density while lowering the digestive system's workload.
Proper exercise: Lubricates the system and helps keep the joints, muscles and other parts of the body functioning properly by increasing circulation and flexibility. Emma will teach you a new yoga routine which will prep you to increase your Spring and Summer exercise performance.
Proper breathing: Connects the body with its energy center to support and sustain activity. Find yourself out of breath? or just breathing shallowly, especially in times of stress? The Program will teach you how to breathe correctly to restore your mental and physical well-being.
Proper relaxation: Cools down the system and re-establishes balance. When the mind and the body are always working and working too hard on a continuous basis, the system - your system - just gets less efficient. Relaxation is nature's way of recharging the body and mind. I will teach you how to tap into that beneficial recharging effects everyday. Your autonomous nervous system, responsible for your body's unconscious systems like digestion, hormonal, cardiovascular, respiratory, etc. - will be recharged.
Positive thinking and meditation: Puts YOU in control. Just as a car needs an intelligent driver, so the body needs a balanced mind. During the program, Emma will conduct a virtual early morning meditation, breathing and yoga session. We'll be journaling on the theme of loving big using an App. For those new to meditation along with experienced meditators, you will learn to focus your mind and increase your ability to concentrate. a daily meditation session to focus your mind and increase your ability to concentrate. Positive thinking will help you begin to experience inner peace.
- Take important steps to reverse or prevent estrogen dominance
- Boost your energy,
- Lose excess weight,
- Remove mucus accumulated over the winter by the heavy and fatty winter foods (which is partly the reason why we suffer from allergies in the Spring),
Consume more diuretic foods to help you eliminate excess fat accumulated in your body over the winter
Establish a daily meditation and yoga practice,
Integrate Eastern self-care rituals to keep your body clean,
Learn how to relax more in your day to day activities, and
Declutter and simplify your life to reduce stress further
- If battling cancer, removing sugar will cut fuel to cancer cells. We'll also add foods that are angiogenesis inhibitors (prevents cancer cells to create their own blood vessels to route nutrition to them). Salt-free diet is also recommended to cancer patients (along with high blood pressure patients)
- If battling diabetes or having been diagnosed with pre-diabetes blood sugar levels, the sugar-free diet will really help balance/normalize your blood sugar levels.
- If battling auto-immune disorders, joint pain and generally inflammatory conditions, going sugar-free, salt-free and increasing alkaline foods support the treatment of these conditions.
- A Program e-book with a weekly meal plan, shopping list and recipes to cook your meals at home (or order in/out if you're on the road).
- Every day yoga, pranayama (breathing exercise), meditation and journaling via the internet led by Emma (and recorded for replay).
- We'll use the free app Love Big, created by a fellow Ashtanga yoga practitioner Diana Christinson, that was launched on March 4th, 2018
- A daily motivational and support email from Emma to keep you on track.
- A weekly lecture on digestive, endocrine and reproductive health.
- A private FB page to build community (for the live course).
If you like using a non toxic organic allergen-free vegan protein powder in your smoothies, I recommend my product Zenberry. It is more than protein. It includes over 40 superfoods and certain formulas also include probiotics and enzymes. When Emma was struggling with low energy levels and a depressed immune system, while working long hours as a consultant on the road, she co-formulated Zenberry: A raw, vegan superfoods protein drink mix Zenberrymix which helped her boost her immune and digestive systems, heal Grave's Disease (a thyroid auto-immune disease), eliminate her sugar cravings and provide a cocktail of micro-nutrients to her body, including probiotics, enzymes, and superfoods. Use discount code spring18 to purchase Zenberry 15% off in combination with your Spring Body Rejuv. registration.
If you leave outside the US and interested in purchasing Zenberry, email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss international shipping arrangements. We not longer ship international due to the expense. Shipping rates have increased a lot but we can make arrangements if you want Zenberry shipped.
Note: The program's diet will include at least 2 superfoods smoothies per day. We recommend Zenberry Greens, Vanilla Berry or Cocao Berry but you can skip Zenberry and assemble the superfoods yourself.
Thank you Emma!
Posted by Kathryn Drummer on Apr 4th 2017
Since I started with Emma, one to one counseling, then did every body rejuvenation/ program there was offered, I have made slow but steady progress in managing my health and body. Every time I learn another micro nutrient fact from Emma's vast knowledge and development of these well constructed programs I feel lucky to know her! It's like going up a long set of stairs-to welcome more vegetables into my diet for keeps, knowing now through Emma how they can target health issues...it is like a giant puzzle. I am armed with crucial knowledge( like water drinking) to keep feeling healthier and lighter with the simple and delicious recipes and suggestions. Just this past detox, for instance, I became ever so much more aware of salt, added to my new knowledge of fats, micro nutrients and specific nutritional knowledge to help my health challenges (blood sugar control and thyroid) I feel confident t that Emma blazes the trail and shares her findings so well. I consider it a permanent learning delight to advance myself at this age, when my contemporaries are adding more and more drugs and down time to their lives. I admit that I was soon hesitant at first, giving up habits which did not, let's just say, let me lose weight or get my blood sugar in check...Hats off to Emma for knowing, learning and sharing in such a user friendly way so very well all she has learned!!! Oh, and I take Zenberry every day: make a shake with various additions. Would not start a day without it. It's pure nutrient dense way to start the day!
Thank you Emma!
How did I do this before Zenberry?
Posted by Julie on Apr 3rd 2017
Decided to commit to the Spring detox with Emma - what a great choice. She is inspiring; and so are all the other people who go on the journey. It isn't hard, your body is so thankful and shows you in many ways. The recipes are useful for any day, even when you aren't on the detox! The learning is unlike any you get, and there is yoga on top of all that. It is so much more than eating - THANK YOU!
Posted by Pamela on Apr 1st 2017
This is my third spring detox cleanse with Emma and I always look forward to them, spring, fall and sometimes summer. They come just when I need them--with seasonal recipes and the inspiration to get fit and healthy. I especially love the morning yoga and breathing exercises. It's a wonderful way to start the day. I plan to repeat the three day smoothie phase. Zenberry makes it easier. (Love the new recyclable packaging!). I always get inspired and learn something new about myself and it's fun to do it in the (virtual) company of others. I highly recommend this. Thank you Emma!
Posted by Unknown on Mar 31st 2017
I've been doing the spring and fall rejuvenations for years and I love them. The recipes are diverse and comprehensive, and I like the ability to pick and choose between different options. I also like that the experience not only incorporates healthy eating, but also yoga and meditation, and taking care of the full self. Thanks Emma!
ready for Spring!
Posted by Eve E on Mar 31st 2017
What a wonderful journey Emma has taken us on. This was my 2nd Spring body rejuvenation and it was better than the first. Emma's support and guidance makes this journey easy. This program helps on so many levels, learning how to eat clean energetic food and staying centered and focused with the daily meditations and yoga. Her recipes keep getting better and I will refer back to them always. I lost 6 lbs and feel ready for Spring. Thank you Emma!❤❤